Monday, April 4, 2011

Daytona Beach

Typical beach scene along the central coast
As I left Fort Pierce this morning, I was hoping for some surf.  But no such luck.  There is a storm coming in tonight which they say should bring some surf with it.  I have a hard time adjusting to the idea that a thunder storm is good for the surf.  At home that means it will be horrible.  At least it wasn't quite so hot earlier today.  As I was driving there was an almost cool breeze coming through the window.  But, of course, it got hotter as the day wore on.  We drove along the A1A, which is on the outer part of the intercoastal waterway, now that we are out of the really crowded areas.  A good portion of it was very pretty with large homes and beautiful landscaping.  Very lush and gorgeous. 


It's that white spot in the middle
As went through Cape Canaveral, I saw the shuttle launch site from a distance, but didn't bother to go do the tour since I had done that several years ago when we went for the Atlas launch. Around 4 we pulled into another KOA in Daytona Beach.  The woman in the office gave me the campsite next to another single lady my age from Los Angeles that was also traveling alone with her dog.  We hit it off pretty well so we had a couple glasses of wine then went out to dinner.  She was a very interesting lady and it was nice to have some company for dinner and drinks for a change.  Of course, the dogs weren't too happy about it since they had to stay home alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment