Thursday, March 24, 2011

Much Better Now

Today went much better.  The itching is under control thanks to some cortisone cream.  I now have 4 different methods of lessening the itching.  I might be able to make it after all. 

Headed over to Wakulla Springs State Park this morning.  They have some really nice parks in this state.  I seem to be drawn to the parks more than the cities and towns.  The cities all seem the same.  They have a lot of the same chain stores and restaurants all over the country, so it can be hard to tell one from the other. 

When we got to the park, Cash and I took a nice hike through the forest. Part boardwalk, part path.  The area seemed fairly dry, which was probably a good thing for me....less bugs.





Then I left Cash in the car while I took a trip on the riverboat.   I very much enjoyed the hour trip.  Beautiful with bald cypress covered with Spanish moss and lots of wildlife.  Turtles, birds, and the occasional alligator.  One gator even had the remains of a deer by the waters edge. 




There certainly do seem to be a lot of those guys around.  The gators I mean.  I am being sure to keep Cash on a leash even when there are no people around in case he decides to go investigate a poisonous snake or a gator.  And they have bear around here too, which surprised me. 

They have manatees in this river, but only in the winter.  Now my goal is to see a manatee.  I noticed on the net you might be able to snorkle with one!  Have to check that out for sure.

Pulled into a KOA in Perry for the night.  Having trouble getting into campgrounds in the parks.  Still high season I guess.  What with the snow birds and spring break.  Friendly people in camp again, except for the neighbors who had a real screaming match in the trailer next to me.  Made me glad I'm alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment