Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 1 and 2

I've had two days of bad connections at campsites, so I've decided to stop at Burger King for coffee and breakfast and update my blog.  At this rate, I will have gained 10 pounds at least by the time I get home.  That is, my bigger, fixed home.  For the next little while, this is my home.

The weather has been almost too good.  Clear skies and warm to hot.  I sure have regretted not getting that air conditioner fixed.  And I still have tons of desert to go through!  Lots of noise with the windows down.  The first night was spent in slab city.  Very interesting place.  Home of Salvation mountain.  And lots of interesting people.  From druggies to snowbirds.  In fact, the whole southern part of both of the states are filled with snowbirds.

I spent most of the second day driving to Tucson (where I am now)  and trying to stay cool enough.  Cash has been riding very well.  But he doesn't like the heat or desert any more than I do.  We've mostly seen lots of cactus and road signs.  Boring and interesting at the same time.  Too hot to get out and walk much, plus too much sticky stuff and too dry.  Did I mention I hate the desert?  I don't want to think how many miles I have to go before I get out of it.

Stayed in a nice state of Arizona park last night.  Had to have a really nice Aussie kid back my trailer in.  And he did it from the wrong side!  I could have, given enough time. Honest.  But  I do need more practice, for sure.

So far, so good.  I plan on driving a good amount for the next few days till I get to San Antonio at least.  Save my site seeing for more interesting places.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Looks very interesting - hmmm.
    I like the photo of you and Cash. Funny seeing that red car after the adventures we had driving arounf Los Angeles. Cash is one lucky dog.

    ReplyDelete